Technology Evolution of Multi-Core Processors
This module deals with the technology evolution to multicore and the systems view. Some of the major topics covered in this module include the Moore's law roadmap, energy problems, the end of frequency scaling, projections and roadmaps, message passing and shared memory multicore, heterogeneous multicore, and system level impact of multicore. Additionally, the module content seeks to make the argument as to why progression to multicore is inevitable, and outlines the key challenges in the area.
- Technology Evolution
- Overview: Multi-This, Multi-That... (Prof. Loh -- CS8803 - Advanced Microarchitecture)
- ECE4100/ECE6100 - Advanced Computer Architecture (graduate/undergraduate) - Prof. Yalamanchili
- ECE4100/ECE6100 Advanced Computer Architecture (graduate/undergraduate) - Prof. Lee
- CS(8803/4803)AMA - Advanced Microarchitecture (graduate/undergraduate) - Prof. Loh
- CS(4290/6290) - High-Performance Computer Architecture (graduate/undergraduate) - Prof. Loh